Sunday, July 03, 2005

A Heart of Service

A Heart of Service

There's so much that I wanted to say before sleeping but it's already 12:14 in the morning and I still have to wake up early tomorrow for a special occasion in our church. For the first time, the youth (yes, teenagers as young as 12) will be the ones who will handle the worship service in our church.

It's so blessed to see and know that people of all ages, regardless of their age or maturity in the faith can serve God in their own special and personal way. Jesus said, "Let the little children come to Me, and do not forbid them; for of such is the kingdom of God." (Mark 10:14)

Truly God works in mighty ways; ways that we might not think possible. There's so much I want to say but I'll get back to it later. I'll wrap up my blessed weekend with a confession that whenever I see people who want to serve God in any way possible, I am humbled.

I am humbled because I know I should do the same.

I should do the same because I am only creation and He is Creator.

We think of service as getting dressed up in a lab coat and going on to dental and medical missions to help the sick but it really isn't as narrow as that---it honestly is something more than that. So says 1 Corinthians 10:31.

Sometimes, service is simply lending a helping hand to someone in need; it is staying longer than necessary to finish something; it is listening to someone without wanting to ditch the conversation right then and there because you truly are concerned about the person who's pouring out his or her heart out to you.

All without asking anything in return. Not even a obligatory thank you. Because it is done all for Him---not for men, because praises are fleeting and flattery's intoxicating high can only last a certain period.

But finding favor in the eyes of the Lord. It's so amazing that your only way of defining it is experiencing it. God bless each and every one of you today!

No comments: