Monday, July 04, 2005

Another Notch On The Bedpost

Another Notch On The Bedpost

After 25 years, you'd expect a quarter-life crisis to come barging in like a crash of rhinos. I knew it was bound to happen; I expected it last year as much as a child was expecting a gift from his mother. I really thought that getting older became more and more difficult as you step up the age ladder. I thought that whatever disappointments that I had experienced, they would be magnified each year.

Sigh.

That was one of relief. I am so glad I was wrong all along.

No matter how much I try, I can't seem to look at the world through the eyes of that once-lost soul who cried on his birthday a year ago. I can't manage to imagine the futility that I once spoke of. And despite being unemployed, it really is such a great feeling to have peace knowing that I should be thinking otherwise.

Thank you to all of those who remembered me today. :)

No comments: