Friday, June 24, 2005

And The Real Winner Is...

And The Real Winner Is...

It's a shame that someone had to lose. (Even a bigger one because my team was the one that lost.) But there are only seven games in an NBA Finals series and it had to come down to this. Up until the last second I still favored Detroit. You could probably argue that it would have been different if Game 7 was in the Motor City and it could most probably rattle the Spurs as well.

But enough of that.

The better team won this year. The downside to all of this is that Larry Brown is supposedly leaving the Detroit Pistons and after this loss, it just might turn out to be one of the biggest turnarounds in franchise history. Like the Lakers of last year, they went from title holders to playoff absentees. I'm afraid that it might happen to this Detroit team because they really are a great TEAM. No superstar, no ball-hogging delinquents---just great team basketball.

If you asked why I don't like the Spurs I guess I just root for the underdogs. If they stared down another team going into the NBA Finals next year, I'd probably still root for the other team.

Congratulations to the stellar play of Manu Ginobili and most especially Big Shot Rob. There weren't any dramatic three-point daggers thrown in the Pistons' way but he certainly stepped up and did well. It's absolutely baffling how he already has 6 championship rings. Ugh. But you gotta hand it to the guy. He's a role player and he did play it to perfection.

So on a lighter note, I'd like to present the TRUE WINNER in my opinion. Hehe.

Eva Longoria and Tony Parker

Winning the championship was just a bonus. Tony Parker already won.

2 comments:

bonbon said...

but he still looks gay.

heh.

Zeus said...

well, no one's arguing otherwise. ^_^