Sunday, July 18, 2004

Surprise, Surprise!


Surprise, Surprise!

Yesterday was a happy day for me. I helped throw my friend A.J. a surprise debut birthday party for my friend of 13 years. I guess he was surprised enough because all he could say to his cousin while flashing a really wide smile:
 

"Gago ka! Ba't di mo sinabi sakeeeen!"

(Eh sa nakalimutan yung definition ng "surprise" eh! 'Yaan mo na, birthday naman eh.  Hehe!)
 
Us friends had a blast just recounting that moment over and over again. :) Another one for the books.
 
Thirteen years. When you say it out loud, you wonder where those years went. And then you start to look back to your past. You suddenly realize that time doesn't wait for anyone. It flies by so fast that 13 years may come as quick as a blink of an eye.
 
I had so much fun yesterday because me and my friends were all there. You realize that these are the friends that you've been seeing each and every year when this particular date arrives. It's comforting to know that some things never change.
 
It's been 13 years and counting.
 
Can't wait for the next decade to come.

No comments: