Thursday, July 01, 2004

A Ray of Sunshine Amidst the Storm

A Ray of Sunshine Amidst the Storm

When I looked out the window this morning, the sky was filled with such gloom as it had been these past few days. But I think I saw the sun shine for the briefest of periods. It must be a simple reminder that there is such a thing called Hope. And I believe it comes in those brief and spontaneous moments that slip under our radar, those moments that in retrospect, leave us with a grin on our face and an unmistakable sense of peace inside our hearts. As someone simply put it:

wag mashado malungkot.. o-OK din lahat yan. you'll see.Ü

Everybody else in this world goes through what I am going through right now--their own personal storms. I would like to know that the fight is finished; that the calm afterwards is nearing. But like any seasoned sea-farer, I know how deep these waters underneath me go and how dark the skies above me can become. But if you're struggling to keep your vessel afloat in a sea of entropy , and you manage to somehow catch even a single ray of sunshine, I think that will be enough to keep you sailing onwards.

I am fortunate enough to know people who are strong enough to help me keep my ship afloat. To those people--and you know who you are--I am forever grateful.

1 comment:

Zeus said...

thanks, miyer! :) i really hope everybody can relate...it's a nice thing, this feeling called Hope. Ü Thanks too for reading my blog!