Monday, October 03, 2005

Knowing You More and More

Knowing You More and More

I learned another thing about God yesterday. I learned that the things we are able to accomplish are only because of God's infinite Grace and mercy. The minute we give credit to ourselves, whether it's on purpose or not, we risk God agreeing with us. In order to save space, I scripted the gist of what happened to me in the following psuedo-dialogue between myself and God:

Me: "How wonderful I have been for you, Lord. I have done this FOR you. This is my offering to you."

God: "Really now? Do you have any idea about how much I have helped you accomplish that? Do you have any idea that it is not you, but Myself working in you? Why do you then give credit where it is not due?"

Me: "I'm just so happy that I'VE been able to shed my old self."

God: "Since you put it that way, let's see YOU pull it off without my grace."

Me: "Okay :)"

This is the part where people in the audience say, "Yari ka." =))


Then I stumble with my walk with God.
(malamang!)


*slowly walks back to God with my heart humbled*

Me: "Joke lang. Hindi ko pala kaya. I'm really sorry, Lord."

*sigh* It's hard to be humbled especially if God does that to you. He reminds you of your fallen nature and how insignificant you are WITHOUT Him. If you've never tried to come up to Him with a humble heart, I suggest that you do. If there's anything that you can do after you've sinned and you sincerely want to confess it to God, I suggest Psalm 51.

No comments: