Friday, August 19, 2005

IMG_350D

IMG_350D

A year ago, I never thought about starting a new hobby. I never pictured myself getting into photography. But here I am, already the enthusiastic shutterbug. I didn't realize it was so much fun. Right now, I'm just so grateful to God for leading me to pursue this newfound passion. Also I thank Him for blessing me with a brand new dSLR. *sigh*

Introducing my new baby... ^_^

Canon EOS 350D

Not the actual cam but yes, I got the black one.



Image hosted by Photobucket.com
A manual never looked so good.



Our cute labrador retriever.
Our cute and cheerful Labrador who is aptly named "Bubbles"



Barbed wire
Just some barbed wire fencing our neighbor's lot.


I once thought photography was such a simple thing but there's so much more to learn about color, ISO settings, composition, depth of field. It's still a bit daunting for me because I only learned the meaning of these terms around a month ago. It's scary getting into a new hobby but as an artist-at-heart, it's also exciting for me because it's the closest thing I can get to portraying the world around me. I would have gone into painting but I'm not good at it.

Now, I'm just trying to work my way with what I know and hopefully, I'll be able to pick up some nifty tricks of the trade from the people who have more experience in this new hobby of mine. ^_^

To God be all the glory!

2 comments:

Ishy Girl said...

Zeus! Wow, your pictures are nice, you have a talent pala ha? Go for it I'd say!!! Good luck with your new hobby... =)

Zeus said...

Thanks Heidi! :) Try to check out my Multiply album for more photos. http://zeusm.multiply.com/photos/album/13