Friday, August 05, 2005

I'm Back!

I'm Back!

After a long, six-week hiatus, I was finally able to play the sport that I've always loved. Last June, I sprained my ankle and ever since that day, I never got around to dribbling a basketball on a court until last Wednesday. Man, it's good to be back! It's true what they say about the things you take for granted: you never know what you've got until it's gone. Fortunately for me, basketball was just put on hold.

What made my so-called comeback better was that a lot of people came to play. It was a blessing because the regulars said most of the people who played that night weren't attending before. Fifteen players is a good, solid number for a pick-up game. First ten gets to play, then the remaining five challenges the winner of the first game.

Of course, I was a step slower and I really didn't have much "oomph" in my game because let's face it, I was rusty as heck. Also, when I jab my left foot at an angle, it hurts a wee bit. I'm just grateful that I am able to run up and down the court. Hopefully I get back into shape and improve. I guess, I need to go back and practice my game. If it took me six weeks to heal, I don't mind waiting for six months to finally improve on my game. It'll come I'm sure.

No comments: