Sunday, March 13, 2005

What Goes Around...

What Goes Around...

It seems that you just won't be able to please everybody in the world. No matter how blatant this truth is, I sometimes forget that people will either love you or hate you. But more often than not, I get disturbed by the haters. I don't hear them screaming at me and calling me names but I do know they are out there. And that silence is just gnawing away at me to the core.

I would like to see myself as a good person but there are times that I stumble; there are times when I slip and say something that others might find off or unnatural. Most of the time, they're the people who really don't know who I am as a person. People already get to judge you without even knowing who you are and why you do or say the things you say and do. In this day and age, I believe that talking behind someone else's back is as natural and normal as hearing the news. Only in this case, sources aren't as reliable and confirmation of the news is done after the reporting. Gossip has become one of society's unchecked pathologies today. And I can't blame anybody for wanting to know what happened with whom and when.

I am a pretty simple guy. Sometimes, I feel I'm too simple for my own sake. I rarely go out because I honestly do enjoy the routine of going to the gym, playing basketball every once in a while and chillin' in the comfort of my room. I rarely drink because my tolerance for alcohol has already waned and I'm already on the verge of being a smoke-free individual for about half a year. When I think about it, nothing is extraordinary about who I am and what I do. I could probably blend in a sea of people and you wouldn't even give me a second look. So when I know that people dislike me, I tend to get exasperated. Here I am, already living under the radar and you still see something negative in me. Sometimes I feel like I have to be more than who I am as a person to be liked and accepted. I mean, what do you exactly do when normal isn't enough?

Can't we all get along? Can't we just understand that people have their reasons? It's a bit frustrating when you see people judge other people just because they slipped for a moment and somehow showed the human side of them. Whatever happens, it would be best to remember that what goes around, comes around. Always have been, always will be.

No comments: