Friday, March 18, 2005

People Change

People Change

People change.

For me, change is the only constant in this universe and the next. All things are changing in their own unique ways. From the newborn babe to the hundred year-old sycamore with its roots firmly planted on the ground.

Like a flower nestled in a clay pot just inches away from the window, we are all reaching for our "sunlight" of sorts. We are all going somewhere.

When I was younger, I was a difficult person to get close to. That's probably because of my innate timid nature and my personality that was leaning more towards introversion. I was never the one person to initiate a conversation nor could I imagine that I would come to be comfortable with people who were loud and rowdy. I was an observer by nature and I actually could say to myself that I would not be able to change. As with all new learnings, you're proven wrong by the time you've made up your mind.

Here I am, a changed person. I can honestly say that I have been exposed to a lot of unique and beautiful personalities within my workplace and I have learned a lot from them. In the setting of where I work, I am able to laugh out loud without having to worry if the people in the next department will find it inappropriate. After all, the inside jokes almost always come from them. Let me paint you a picture:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Our resident Photoshop master, Iggy did this. If you don't know who F4 is, then you're probably not from the Philippines. Before, I would have found this embarassing. Now, it's only funny and it only makes me miss my long hair more. Hehe!

I have now embraced the environment that I am in right now. People change. What else is new?

No comments: