Tuesday, August 24, 2004

On Inevitability

On Inevitability

Lately, I have been witness to inevitability and to the things it can do to people. It can destroy as well as rebuild; it can heal as much as it can break hearts. For me, inevitability is something like a predator that is stalking you. Soon, there will be nothing to hide and nowhere to go to. You ultimately succumb to its power. And something in me is not comfortable with something such as powerlessness. I cannot be contained. I choose not to be because I am not a statistic.

People all around us give up so easily because they feel that everything else will end in flames. Although this is not far from the truth, still we should be bearers of optimism because nobody likes the sting of the cynical.

Although I have to admit that I am as guilty as the next person when it comes to giving up, I still would like to think that there is something good left in me even if a lot of people think otherwise. Sometimes, I actually believe that I am someone who is inadequate and self-centered. But most of the time, I just feel like a boy losing a battle against a giant tide. And when I struggle to surface for air, it seems as if another wave is already over my head--ready to bring me down. Sometimes I almost don't want to go up anymore.

The strength of the waves in my life is pinning me down deeper the depths. All I can do right now is keep on fighting my way up for air because that's the only way I don't drown.

No comments: