Tuesday, July 06, 2004

Thank You For The Music

Thank You For The Music

Sometimes I think I complain too much. I sometimes fool myself into thinking that there is nothing else in this world except disappointment and despair. But of course, I know better. I guess sometimes I, too, forget that there are wonderful things in this world that we need to focus on, that we need to revere and enjoy and be thankful for. And today, I want to pay tribute to a quiet and constant comfort in my life. Today I pay tribute to music.

It's just so comforting to know that music will always be there to see you through the darkest of days. I've always believed that there will always be one song we can relate to when we hear it. Sometimes it even seems that we're the one who wrote the same lyrics we listening to. And sometimes it seems that when we hear this one song, we feel as if it was created just for us and for no one else. It's really a miracle in the making when we hear that one song that defines who we are and what we believe in. You simply cannot comprehend that there's this one song whose words and emotions seemed to flow from our very soul even when we've just listened to it for the very first time.

I cannot be grateful enough for this gift. And in closing, I would like to leave you, my faithful "blog-readers", the chorus to one of my dearest songs; the song that I sleep to...the song that I consider my lullaby:


In the arms of an angel
Fly away from here
From this dark, cold hotel room
And the endlessness that you fear
You are pulled from the wreckage
Of your silent reverie
You're in the arms of the angel
May you find some comfort here


Tonight, I wish each and every one of you the most peaceful of slumbers, the grandest of dreams and the fading of your fears.

No comments: